Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Infinite Dust



Forget of what truth you’ve been told
That there is no fantasy
Oh no, this is a different world

Flames decorate the opening of the cave as I enter.
The sibylline, hooded, with back to me, groans
I’ve come to learn of time and its surprises
She groans again
Moments pass, then minutes, then hours
Speak to me!
She groans again
I get furious, timeless is unbearable
I come closer… I hold her fragile body and shake it
A colorful flower withers and turns to dust
I turn the sibylline around
And let go
Her eyes!
I retreat with fear
They show what no one wants to see!
Her eyes!
They are
Empty!

*       *       *

(in a world long forgotten)
two kids, hand in hand run and laugh
as they flock between the colorful flowers
until their mom shouts for them to come back home

No comments:

Post a Comment